He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:38 KJV
Salvation Made Plain
Are you saved? God says if you are going to go to heaven, you must be born again. John 3:7 “Ye must be born again”. In the Bible God gave us a plan. My friend, you must first realize that all are sinners.
I. We are all sinners and do not deserve heaven.
A. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
B. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. The payment for your sin is death in Hell. God loved you enough to send Jesus to die for you even though you are a sinner.
II. But God Loved You so much He gave His only begotten Son for You. Jesus died for You!
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
III. We all need to Repent.
Acts 17:30 “God…now commandeth all men everywhere to repent: This is a turning to Jesus for him to take away your sins.
Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out… The way to salvation is turning to Jesus.
IV. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house. (Acts 16:31)
A. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:22)
1. Philippian jailer said in Acts 16:30-31 "Sirs, What must I do to be saved?" And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
2. Jesus Christ is the only person - not baptism, church, Mary, or the saints - but Jesus only. Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Believe on Jesus!
B. "Believe" is personal.
1. You cannot believe except ye repent and turn from sin.
2. It cannot be done by another.
C. "Believe" means salvation - immediately.
1. Ethiopian eunuch - in chariot. Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
2. John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
D. "Believe" results in the new birth.
V. Confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus. (Romans 10:9-10)
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Wherever you are right now you can call upon Christ to save you. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. "
Please let God save you today, do not lose eternity. In Luke 18:13 the sinner prayed “God be merciful to me a sinner”.
God you know that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus bled and died for me. I believe he was buried and rose again. I receive him as my savior. Thank you for dying for me. In Jesus name, Amen.